Today, Sony and Naughty Dog announced they are bringing The Last of Us to the PS4 with The Last of Us Remastered. Set for a Summer 2014 release, Remastered will see The Last of Us in full, native 1080p as well as improved character models, better lighting, higher resolution textures, and much more. It will retail for $59.99.
On top of these improvement, Remastered will include all three of The Last of Us’ DLC packs. These include the incredibly Left Behind single player expansion, Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack and the still unreleased Reclaimed Territories pack. If you pre-order from major retailers like Gamestop and Best Buy, you will receive the following bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
On top of these bonuses, if you pre-order on PSN you receive Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode, Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode, Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode.
Naughty Dog is apparently no good at keeping secrets, as this game’s development was revealed a few weeks back. If you own a PS4, and never played The Last of Us, this game is a must buy. In my review of the PS3 version, I said that it may well be the best PS3 game ever, and I stand by that. It is truly a phenomenal experience, and one every gamer should play.
by, Bobby Marquardt