Today, 2K Sports announced a limited edition version of WWE 2K14 called “The Phenom edition”. Retailing for $99.99, the Phenom edition will feature a litany of extras for WWE fans.
- Exclusive tin coffin box;
- Exclusive collectible art card personally autographed by Undertaker;
- Exclusive Undertaker playable character: “American Badass”;
- Exclusive Undertaker-themed controller skin;
- “WWE Undertaker – The Streak”: Disc #1 (on Blu-Ray/DVD);
- Access to WWE 2K14 global pre-order offer: Ultimate Warrior playable character;
- Copy of WWE 2K14 video game.
This reporter’s opinion: This seems meteorically over priced. The tin case cannot cost a tremendous amount more, the additional DLC likely isn’t overly expensive (and may just be released at a later date as DLC), and the Streak is a good DVD, but giving just disk one seems like a swift marketing move. The part of this package that would be the most valuable would be the autograph from the Undertaker. I have to express my doubt that these will be legitimate autographs from The Deadman. It’s likely that these will be auto-penned, and not really worth a tremendous amount. Unless you need to play as The American Badass, I’d advise you to skip this one.
Update: According to WWE Games’ official twitter, the autographs are hand signed from The Undertaker himself. I won’t delete what I said previously, as that would be shoddy of me. Paying $40 extra dollars for an autograph from The Deadman himself is not a terrible price if you are a long time fan.
by, Bobby Marquardt